You are currently browsing the monthly archive for December 2012.

I downloaded this file to test the V-Ray Materials and light set-up. It’s not easy at first because the original materials were set on Cycles, so I have to start from scratch. The original textures are included except the wooden floor which I replaced another. The original model can be seen here

Rendered in Cycles with Compositing

The original file rendered in Cycles.

The original file rendered in Cycles.

Here’s my V-Ray render with Compositing

Rendered in V-Ray (21min)

Rendered in V-Ray (21min)

KeyShot from Luxion is a nice rendering application for 3D models, but hard to set-up in interiors (furnitures).

Using my mazinger model in Blender, exported to obj file, and import it to KeyShot

Here’s the result:

Test render using KeyShot 3

Test render using KeyShot 3

Rendered with environment

Test render using KeyShot 3

Test render using KeyShot 3

Using the same scene from my previous renders (and the same hardware, of course), the V-Ray integration to Blender is another addition to the other rendering engines I tested, especially in Blender (eg. Luxrender, Indigo, MaxWell). What amazed me was the fast rendering time–9 minutes.

Original:

Original V-Ray render

Original V-Ray render

After compositing in Blender:

Added compositing in Blender

Added compositing in Blender

I’m testing how the solid mesh (monkey) affect the solid texture (photos of leaves and man) with an alpha channel using the Blender’s Cycles (ver 2.64a) renderer. Using the sun as a light source with 0.003 size. Other renderers like YafaRay have a strange shadow when it comes to alpha channel.

Sample scene set-up:

Sample scene

Sample scene

Here’s the material setting for the alpha channel (after the uv mapping)–same setting for the man’s texture.

Material setting for the alpha transparency.

Material setting for the alpha transparency.

Sample render in Cycles:

Sun's position above, using .003 size for the shadow.

Sun’s position above, using .003 size for the shadow.

Changed the sun’s position:

over-exposed.

Well, it’s over-exposed.

Lowered the exposure in the renderer:

Lowered the exposure to 0.20 in the renderer.

Lowered the exposure to 0.20 in the renderer.

With the right lighting and shadows, adding people in the 3D environment is a nice addition.

More testing to come…

Here’s the latest sample, adding a new body (my version).

Different renders:

Rendered in Cycles

Rendered in Cycles

 

Rendered in YafaRay

Rendered in YafaRay with added compositing in Blender

Rendered in Luxrender

Rendered in Luxrender

Next is to rig the whole body like I did in Getta.

Update:

Another sample, increased the material reflection.

Another sample, increased the material reflection.

December 2012
S M T W T F S
« Nov   Jan »
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031  

Blog Stats

  • 71,860 hits